Put your best foot forward
We believe that education is a basic human right and is integral to elevating people out of poverty. The grim reality is that many women in Sub-Saharan Africa cannot afford schooling and are not provided with this opportunity. In fact only 20% of girls in Sub-Saharan Africa are enrolled in School.
Girls who graduate from high school have:
- Half as many children
- Are three times less likely to contract AIDS/HIV
- Will earn 25% more income than those who don't
Apart from distributing fashionable sandals from the Maasai to the masses - the aim of Karibu is to leave a positive social footprint (pardon the pun) for local African communities.
That's why £1 from each pair sold will be donated to Shukuru – a not-for-profit that provides micro-finance loans to help fund women's educations in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Better still, YOU get to decide which Shukuru program your money donated to. Simply select the initiative you'd like to support from the drop-down menu at Check Out.
Choose which Shukuru program your money is donated to from:
- Giving essential school supplies (backpack, exercise books, pens and pencils) for a female student
- Buying a female farmer a flock of 100 chickens to get started
- Helping a female farmer to become self sufficient by giving her chicken feed to grow her flock